Art is an expression of human creative skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as drawing or painting or sculpture, producing works to be appreciated primarily for their beauty or emotional power.
In today's generation kids are more attracted to smart phones, and use their little hand more on touch screens rather than natural activities like playing, drawing, acting, singing, etc. Even parent's are also having no time or resources around to make kids play and learn arts.
Cultivating Art wants to provide such opportunities for kids, parents, schools, etc, in association with Government, NGO's, and like-minded enthusiastic people.
Several studies have revealed across the globe that the mobile phone causes:
- Negative effect on biology of brain
- Non-malignant tumor in ears
- Cancer - Children absorb more than 60 percent of the radiation into the brain than adults as their brain’s thinner skin, tissues, and bones allow them to absorb the radiation twice than the grown-ups.
- Lower sense of well being
- Sleep disruption
- Restlessness and fatigue
- Eye disorder at a very young age
- Inappropriate behavior
- Drop in school academic performance
Where as Art - helps a child to:
Encourage individual to work in a creative, cooperative and collaborative manner while promoting independent thinking.
Help children to become excellent problem solvers and future learners in the real world.
- Encourages fine motor skills, neural development
- Therapists tell us that art is valuable because it allows children to process their world, to deal with sometimes scary emotions in a safe way, and because it gives them critical sensory input.
- Art makes you happy
- Art represents a set of shared attitudes, values, goals and practices.
- Art is the expression or communication of emotions and ideas.
- Art is a means of exploring and appreciating formal elements for their own sake.
- Lowers stress & pressure
- Improves Health in several ways
- Improves concentration levels - that helps gain performance in academics
- Playing with colors will definitely improve eye performance as well.
- Art is fun, an activity they enjoy.
- Art is vital to families as it keeps everyone engaged and happy and helps with the sometimes difficult transitions of the day.